Our people: David Linville-Boud.
Creating special spaces.
Dave has been working in the lighting industry for nearly his whole career. Apart from a couple of years working as a quality engineer, he has dedicated his career to the lighting industry for more than 22 years.
Working from our Manchester office, Dave covers the Northern region, providing lighting design services for all types of projects. His particular specialism is external lighting, but he’s also experienced in designing for a variety of sectors and environments.
Dave says: “I really believe in collaborative working and enjoy embedding myself into a design team to provide the best solution that meets everyone’s intent. Although this can be challenging at times, the rewards of realising a design and creating special spaces through lighting gives me a huge amount of satisfaction.”
Dave’s five facts.
- Spent 10 years working for a couple of lighting manufacturers gaining significant insights into the manufacturing side of the industry.
- In his first role in the lighting industry as a road lighting designer, he had no idea what the job entailed on the first day of work but quickly advanced to become a special projects manager.
- He loves working as a lighting designer and gets immense satisfaction seeing completed projects and the reactions of users of each new space.
- Is a mechanical engineer by education and spends his own time building, modifying and playing with cars, trikes and motorcycles.
- Was born and bred in Berkshire but has slowly worked his way up the country to end up living in West Yorkshire and working in Manchester.