The art of light.
“Alongside my professional duty as a lighting designer, I am responsible for running the day-to-day project activities of the London Lighting Design team.
In the past decade I have been all over the world, including South America, Europe and the Middle East.
I enjoy talking about lighting and I participate as a speaker for industry events nationally and internationally, as well as for institutions such as CIBSE, SLL and RADA.
Nevertheless, what I enjoy the most about lighting is always the same: its very essence, its playful nature, and its intrinsic psychology that allows every one of us to perceive the world around us.”
Juan’s five facts.
- Began my career in theatre lighting before shifting my focus to architectural lighting.
- Designed the lighting solutions for the Beecroft Building, the home of Oxford University’s quantum computer research.
- Interested in lighting theory, and have written on many subjects including narrative lighting, and lighting controls.
- Helped to light London’s busiest airport when working on Heathrow’s terminal 2A.
- Led the lighting design for Head Above Water, a recent interactive art installation that raised awareness about mental health.