Updated February 2022.
Hoare Lea LLP (”We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice of our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
For the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), the Data Controller is Hoare Lea LLP of 155 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, England, BS32 4UB.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
Information we collect from you.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Personal information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.hoarelea.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when (amongst other things) you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion, or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
Personal information we collect about you.
About each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Anonymous technical information gathered by us, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, referring URLs, device name, location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
- Anonymous technical information gathered by Google Analytics. The exact nature of this often changes, so please refer to the Google Analytics support site for details;
- Identifiable information includes your email address, if you sign up for our newsletter, and any phone number or email address used to contact us.
How do we use your personal information?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
Uses made of the information.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to enforce our policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties: if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Hoare Lea or substantially all its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We recommend you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What are your privacy rights?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Hello@hoarelea.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
Can I access my personal information?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you (Subject Access Request) in accordance with the DPA 2018. To request to review, update or delete your personal information contact us by email at Hello@hoarelea.com