Supporting the UK Net Zero Carbon Buildings Standard.
UK's first standard for Net Zero Carbon buildings.
We are proud to be supporting the development of the first ever UK standard for Net Zero Carbon buildings.
Leading industry organisations BBP, BRE, the Carbon Trust, CIBSE, IStructE, LETI, RIBA, RICS, and UKGBC have joined forces to champion this initiative. Whilst significant progress has been made in defining what ‘net zero’ means for buildings in the UK, market analysis showed a clear demand for a single, agreed methodology. The UK Net Zero Carbon Buildings Standard will enable industry to robustly prove their built assets are net zero carbon and in line with our nation’s climate targets.
As industry-leading experts, we have the opportunity and responsibility to influence and support this cross-industry initiative, and we are delighted to be involved in 8 of the project task and sector groups:
The project task and sector groups
- Task Group 1a (TG1a): Operational Energy – Eimear Maloney.
- Task Group 1c (TG1c): Top-Down Carbon Budgets – Tom Spurrier.
- Healthcare Sector Group – Ben Barker.
- Science and technology Sector Group – Andrew Somerville.
- Data Centres Sector Group – Derek Main / Jon Nuttall.
- Higher education Sector Group – Philip Mannis.
- Logistics/warehouses Sector Group – Luke Blyth.
- Retail Sector Group – Eimear Maloney.
Zero carbon is by far the most challenging task the real estate and construction sector has ever embarked upon. No single element of the industry can deliver it alone, but nor can any afford to take a back seat.
As a firm, we have never been more focused on helping our clients achieve Net Zero Carbon (NZC) for their projects.
At a time of climate emergency, it is one of our core goals to run our business, and design our projects, as sustainably as possible.