How do we design lighting for both the human experience and the needs of our planet?
Aligning to the firm’s North Star of human-centric and planet-conscious design, our lighting design team’s five commitments orient them in the right direction, shape what they do and highlight how they play their part in transforming the lighting world for the better.
The five commitments
1. Designing lighting for human experience, balanced against the needs of our planet, to create energy-efficient, sustainable, and people-centric spaces.
2. Extending creative lighting design to diverse projects, not just those that are high-end, so that the benefits are available to everyone.
3. Specifying products on the basis of energy efficiency, embodied carbon, refurbishment/reuse/recycling capacity, ecological impact and human quality of life.
4. Sharing knowledge for the benefit of all to help clients, colleagues, and collaborators better understand lighting’s role in environmental and people-centric decisions.
5. Advocating for faster and more ambitious ecological and energy-efficiency policies across the industry – always mindful of the needs of people.