Calling all building owner operators.
Build-to-Rent energy study: an invitation.
The operation and construction of buildings is responsible for nearly half of all greenhouse gas emissions. Within the UK, the domestic sector is estimated to contribute 29% of all energy consumption. If we are to meet the UK government’s ambitious targets to reduce emissions by 78% by 2035, we need to act.
As 80% of buildings in 2050 have already been built there needs to be a focused effort on decarbonising our existing stock.
The Build-to-Rent sector is a growing sector with an owner/operator model that is well placed to help support the gathering of data and contribute towards reducing carbon emissions from existing buildings – setting benchmarks for others.
With the support of the British Property Federation (BPF) and the UK Apartment Association (UKAA), we are looking to obtain energy data within existing buildings and carry out a study that will seek to do the following:
- Encourage more building owners/operators to share their energy data in a consistent way
- Understand realistic energy and carbon usage for a range of different systems within buildings
- Compare data against benchmarks and industry targets
Benefits of participation.
- support your organisation with ESG reporting
- Provide a comparison of installed load v. actual usage which may identify opportunity for savings
- Review performance against benchmarks and help establish accurate benchmarks
At this stage we are looking for building operators and owners to come forward and take part in this study. We will then select different building types to be assessed over a 12-month period. We anticipate that you will need to:
- Participate in an initial online survey
- Provide monthly meter readings to us over a 12-month period
Express your interest / find out more.
If this is something that you would like to be involved with or you would like to discuss further then please contact Ian Gow.